Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ready Set, Go........ (China, 2011)

Finally, at midnight on the eve of my trip, I finally have everything in order (I hope) and am ready to go.

It's a very long trip to China and I fly out of Rochester International Airport tomorrow (Thursday, 12/8/11) at 9:50 AM. I will first fly to Detroit, Michigan, where I will have 2 hours before heading out on the next leg of the journey that will take me to Narita Airport in Tokyo, Japan (a 13 hour flight). After another couple hour layover, I will begin the final leg to Shanghai (another 3 hour flight). I will arrive at Shanghai's Pudong Airport at 9:50 PM (local time) Friday night. The total flight mileage is almost 8000 air miles.

Total flying time from Rochester to Shanghai is just over 23 hours. Shanghai is also 13 hours time difference from NY (in the future), so it will be quite an adjustment when I get there. After arriving in Shanghai, I will be met by my host, Jianlin Fan (Arthur, Linda & Eric's father). We'll then make the roughly 80 miles trip by car to Wuxi, Jiangsu Province. I expect I'll finally arrive at my hotel sometime after midnight on Saturday morning (which will be around noon friday our time).

If I can get some sleep that would be great, because I have practice first thing on Saturday morning (8:30-11 AM). I have another practice in the afternoon, so it will probably be sometime late Saturday (Shanghai time) before I will next update this blog. Look for another entry (with some photos) on Saturday afternoon.

P.S. Good luck to Cari Stankaitis, who is representing the Comets in Austin, Tx at the SC Jr. National Championships. What an exciting week for our team.

No comments:

Post a Comment